We are now closed for submissions for 2013. Please do come and visit the show.
If you would like to submit art work for the Art Show, please register online after 1st March 2013 by clicking here. Alternatively, you can download the application form here – submission form. Please be aware that by submitting either of these forms you are agreeing to our terms and conditions that can be seen here.
You are also invited to submit a short written profile, which will be displayed alongside your work. Please consider our recommendations for composing your artist’s profile.
We welcome submissions in a variety of media:
- Stained glass
- Outdoor sculpture
Paintings and Photographs
- Up to 4 framed pictures for hanging and 6 unframed (not hung)
- All work must be original
- Signed copies or adaptations are not accepted
- Each framed work must be prepared with securely fixed eyelets and cord and labelled on the back with the name of the work, price and exhibitor’s name
- Clip frames are not acceptable
- Unframed work must be backed on to stiff card, wrapped in clear cellophane and labelled on the back with the name of the work, price and the exhibitor’s name, since they are not catalogued.
The Committee reserves the right to limit numbers and reject any work.
Please note that very large works are often more difficult to sell because of the required the wall space.
Exhibiting fees (payable with the submission form)
- Framed paintings and photographs: £2.50 per exhibit
- Unframed paintings: £1.50 per exhibit
Sculpture, glassware, ceramics, stained glass, textiles, outdoor sculpture
- Individual (catalogued) items £2.50 each (maximum of 4)
- Displayed on a table (not individually catalogued): £20 (full table, 6’ x 3’)
- Displayed on a half table (not individually catalogued): £10
A commission of 25% is charged on all sales.
Closing date for entries
Please complete and return the appropriate submission form with the exhibiting fee(s) as soon as possible.
Closing date for entries is Friday 12th April or earlier if display space becomes full. After this date, changes to the catalogue cannot be made.
We look forward to receiving your entries.
Paintings and photography should be handed in at Kimpton Church on Tuesday 30th April from 4.00 – 6.30pm.
Other media should be brought and set out for display on Wednesday 1st May from 4.00 – 5.00pm.
Unsold exhibits should be collected on Monday 6th May as follows:
Paintings and photography
- Surnames A – H: 5.00 – 5.45pm
- J – Z: 5.45 – 6.30pm
Other media: 6.30 – 7.00pm.
If you cannot manage these times, please give someone your written authority to collect.
If you are collecting for someone whose name is in the second half of the alphabet and yours is in the first half, please come to the second half.
We will endeavour to send payment for work sold within five working days.
PLEASE NOTE: All work is accepted at the owner’s risk and we cannot accept any liability. It will NOT be insured by Kimpton Art Show whilst it is in the Church. However, every care will be taken in handling and protecting it and the Church will be locked outside show hours except during church services. Stewards will be on duty during show opening hours.